Marty For ISA HQ Pres!
June 09, 2021
For 2022, let's help Marty Bince become the first - Canadian - ISA HQ President in over 30 years!
The future is getting brighter as ISA emerges from the pandemic... and at the global level, the International Society of Automation needs a leader that's ready to use this to our advantage.
Think: a visionary, someone that knows the organization inside and out, someone that's been involved in the organization's USA, Canadian and international work, someone that's willing to take some risks in order to create change, and someone that knows the power of delegating and bringing in fresh talent to help get the job done... meet Marty Bince.
Marty's ISA Resume To Date
Marty has been an impressively involved ISA Member for 29 years! He contributes on Executive Boards at both the Section & HQ level, helping with strategic planning, geographic assembly, membership promotion, Global Task Force, YP (young professionals), various divisions (currently Automation Project Management committee), standards, conferences & exhibits, on the financial committee (observation only), and ISA Connect's digital transformation strategy. He also served as the 2010-2011 ISA Edmonton Section President.
Marty's Section Affiliation
ISA Calgary Section
Marty's Division Affiliation
Automation Project Management and Delivery
Marty's Vision Statement
For ISA to be recognized as the global leader setting the standards for automation, sections, divisions, members and staff to work together, achieving that mission.
Marty's Platform & Goals
- Strengthen both our sections and divisions (they are the reason why we exist).
- Resurrect sections in the USA, Nigeria & Trinidad (already currently working on this).
- Communicate ISA value to all sections, one by one (already currently working on this).
- Provide leadership training to all sections.
- Expand organization's globalization efforts which is key to our growth as an international society; aligns with former 2020 President Carlos Mandolesi's plans, which require an ongoing effort (Globalization Task Force Member, 2016-2017).
- Mentor young professionals/leaders to join their local section and become an active Board Member.
- Encourage students to become members of their local section and to continue to contribute upon graduation (recently promoted this at the World Student Games virtual edition).
- Work with C&E to support symposiums, the SCADA 112 standards development committee, and the new Automation Project Management division which is supporting the new APM certificate.
- Focus on return to financial health for the long-term success of the Society.
Marty's Career Bio
Marty currently works for Schneider Electric as a Senior Automation Consultant. Previously, he's worked for Qflan System (VP), Rotork Controls (Key Account Manager), TEC Edmonton (Executive In Residence), Willowglen Systems (VP International USA, Middle East & Asia), Wonderware PacWest (Co-Owner, CTO, VP PNW USA/Western Canada), and Wonderware Corp (Regional Manager Western Canada).
Vote For Marty!
In order to inaugurate Marty as the first CANADIAN ISA President in over 30 years for 2022... we need your help. ISA Members have until June 30, 2021 to vote. Please vote! It only takes a few minutes :)
To vote, click the below link and you will be redirected to ISA HQ's webpage with full details on the nominations and elections process. If you are not already logged in to ISAConnect, you will see a button at the top of this webpage that says "Log In To Vote", click this and login. You will then be redirected to the same webpage and the button at the top of the webpage should read "Vote Now". Click it and follow the voting prompts.